Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sound Card And Mouse Problems..
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
Joe
Hello, I am a n00b to Linux I installed it yesterday and after a while of playing around with it I changed the theme to KDE I think or I changed the theme to something other than the default theme. I rebooted and My mouse stopped working, and when I logged on it said that there was an error with my sound card. I am using RH Linux 8. I have tried using another mouse but that didn't work. Should I put in another sound card? The one I currently have is an onboard one called AC 97. It worked fine before I did the above. I reinstalled RH Linux just now and it did nothing. I also formatted the drive.. Should I upgrade to RH Linux v 9? Or is there a simple answer to my problem?

thanks

Joe M
hughesjr
If you PC is fairly new (600mhz pIII/amd or higher with 128 or more ram), then I would install either RedHat 9 or Fedora Core 1 (or maybe Mandrake 9.2). RedHat 8.0 loses support on 12/31/03 .... and in the March/April time frame the same is true for RedHat 9 ... so Fedora Core 1 or Mandrake 9.2 might be a better bet for anything that you expect to keep updated for a while.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.