Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kernel Packages And Login To System
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
krazykidd018
I am pretty new to linux and i installed red hat linux on the 2nd hard drive in my system which is the slave of the primary IDE. After i installed Red Hat 9 i restarted and went back into the install CD. I tried to install the GRUB boot loader from the CD but after it started it didn't work and this error came up.
No Kernel Packages were installed on your system. Your boot loader configuration will not be changed.
Also when i try to start up red hat, i have to type in a login name and password on a DOS like screen. I do not remember putting that in during the installation. Is there a way to figure that out? do i have to reinstall? Thank you for your help, i'm new to linux but i would like to learn more about it.
hughesjr
At the login prompt, use root as the username and the password you supplied during the install. After logging in type the command startx and see if a graphics mode starts.

Did you install gnome and/or KDE as part of the install?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.