Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No Sound From My Cd Player Into My Headphones
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
TheFastCat
I'm running SuSE 8.2 and have nVidia nforce 2 AC97 audio controller which works fine in Windows XP. I can hear sounds in Linux when I'm testing my volume levels and it plays a "sample piece" of music at the selected volume, but I can't hear my audio cd playing through my headphones attached to my system board nor through the headphone jack in the cd player. But linux is reading the tracks just fine and is playing them. Any ideas?
Corey
Usually when people have problems with their cdplayer audio, it can be one of two things.

The first is to ensure that your audio cable is connected from your cdplayer to your soundcard, a lot of people don't realize that this is needed.

The second is to check your mixer settings, if you're using Alsa, then chances are, it's muted by default. If you're using KDE, open up your K-Menu and go to Multimedia->Kmix , and adjust your levels. I really don't remember what the mixer program is for Gnome, but you should find it in some sort of Multimedia or sound section, i'm really not familier with gnome.

As for pluging your headphones directly into your cdplayer, if you're cdplayer has a volume control on the front of it, make sure that's turned up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.