Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Newbie In Desperate Need
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
markanthony75
Running Dual Boot Windows XP Personal Redhat 8 on Dell Inspiron 4000

I was running low on disk space and I had a 6 mb Redhat partition that was no longer booting correctly, so i thought i would get rid of it. I opened the windows program "Partition Manager", and erased the Linux partitions. Then I saw that Partition Manager would let me increase the size of the windows partition to make use of the free space. I read the help file and couldn't find anything that said it would wipe out my data, so i deceded to go with it. It said i needed to reboot, so i did that. Then when the bootloader came up (Grub), it just gave me a command line and said I had limited command line abilities. I have no idea how to get out of the command-line and into my windows partition.

Thanks for any help anyone can give.
hughesjr
did you mean 6GB partition or a 6MB partiton? I don't know anything that you could put in a 6mb partiton.

Did the partiton you deleted contain the /boot directory or your root Linux partition?

Do you mean that you no longer have any linux partitons that boot from this computer and you just want to boot WinXP only? If you want to fix your Master Boot Record (MBR) to only boot WinXP, boot from your WinXP CD and start the Recovery Console ... then use the fixmbr command to restore your MBR.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.