Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Installing Flash Player On Mozilla
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
untz
Hello,

I am running Red Hat 9.0 and logged in as "root" and tried downloading the Flash Player plug-in for Mozilla from the following URL:

http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/downlo...anguage=English

I followed the download/installation instructions to a T and then this prompt came up and also the following error message when I
typed in "/usr/lib/mozilla/" as the installation path:

Please enter the installation path of the Mozilla, Netscape,
or Opera browser (i.e., /usr/lib/mozilla): /usr/lib/mozilla/

WARNING: Please enter a valid installation path.

I also tried using /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/ as the installation path but it still didn't work.

Any advice, help, tips, and feedback and I would greatly appreciate it...

Kindest regards,

Unnsse
hughesjr
For RedHat 9, You need to figure out what version of mozilla you use and point to the correct directory (If you used the RPM install included with RedHat)...The version of mozilla is part of the Mozilla Home directory name.

First, in mozilla, go to the Help menu option and select About Mozilla to get your current version number for mozilla, (or at a terminal window, type mozilla -v).

Then open a terminal window (as root) and type this command:

ls /usr/lib | grep mozilla

You should see a version that matches your mozilla install (and maybe some older installs as well). FOr example, I have the following as an output of the mozilla -v and ls /usr/lib | grep mozilla commands for my redhat install:

# mozilla -v
Mozilla 1.4.1, Copyright 2003 mozilla.org, build 2003100309

# ls /usr/lib | grep mozilla
mozilla-1.2.1
mozilla-1.4
mozilla-1.4.1

So I am running mozilla version 1.4.1 and I would put /usr/lib/mozilla-1.4.1 as the installation path...
Corey
I had the same problem when installing flash on my system, so i said "frig it" and I copied the nessesary files from the install directory to /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.