Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mandrake 9.1 Install Question
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
amdrules
Hi guys. I downloaded Mandrake 9.1, and it was recognized as a Roxio ISO image. I double clicked the file, and proceeded to burn the CD. Then I reboot, set my first Boot disc to CD in the bios, save and exit. Then the Mandrake install screen comes up, and i have the choice of pressing enter to continue, or F1 for more options. If I press enter, it just goes to a black screen and stays that way. Pressing F1 brings up the options to do a low resolution install, text, etc. But every option I try brings up the black screen. Granted, I haven't tried the text install option, because I have no idea how to do it that way. My system specs are as follows:

Abit IC7 Motherboard
Intel Pentium 4 3GHZ
1GB Corsair pc3200 memory
ATI 9700 Pro video card
WD 200GB HDD

Any ideas? Thank you.
hughesjr
The Radeon 9700 video card is what is causing the problem with the install. A text install will work.
amdrules
How do I do a text install? Also, if the 9700 stalls the gui install, will it work after I install by way of text?

Something tells me that a text install is not for a newbie.
hughesjr
Do you have bittorrent installed on your windows machine?

If you do, you can download the Mandrake 9.2 release. It uses a newer kernel and may work better with a radeon 9700 video card.

Look at this thread to download mandrake 9.2 using bittorrent

----------------
You will have to install the latest drivers from ati for the radeon 9700 after the Linux install is complete.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.