Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Suse 9.0 - Dual Boot Problem - Help!
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
donk
I downloaded Suse 9.0 off bittorrent and burnt the 5 CDs for it, then I loaded it onto my pc which has Windows XP running on it.

I thought it would be good because on this version of Suse you can supposedly create a dual boot system very easily, however when I tried to boot into Windows XP, I received the following message:

root (hd0,1)
filesystem type unknown
partition type 0x7
chainloader +1

Luckily I had a Ghost disk of the system, which I have reinstalled.

What is the solution - I have removed 'goback' from the system as I have read that this can affect linux.

I think it should be fairly simple to sort out, I could see all my existing files within Suse - I have two partitions on my hard disk: C: windows and program files and D: work files

Please could you let me know what I should do to sort this situation out because I am anxious to learn more about linux.

Thank you

donk
Corey
What is your partition setup on your harddrive? According to that error message you pasted, your Linux Bootloader is looking at the Second partition on the first hard drive....is this correct?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.