Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Configuring Printer
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
chevy
hi there ,if any one out there can help i would be glad to hear I am running suse 8.1 and i need to get my printer running but the system will not talk to the printer through the usb it tells me it is not configured and i am not sure how to do this i have been using linux for a while and i don't want to go back to windows so can someone help me

thanks alot

p.s the printer is a epson cx3200
Corey
I'm only really familier with SuSE 8.2, so, this might not be in your version.

Open up Yast2 (should be in your menu). Go into the hardware section, and then into the printers module. From there, SuSE should automatically do a search for printers connected to your system, and when it finds it, it should show you what it's found and give you the opportunity to change it.

If you're printer is not detected, ensure the usb cable is plugged in correctly, and make sure you have 'hotplug' installed, if your not sure, go into Yast2 and into your Add/Remove software section and do a search for it. This is nessesary to pick up usb devices connected to your system.

I have had very good success rate with setting up printers in SuSE, it usually requires no extra configuration at all.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.