Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nvidia Problem With X Windows Graphical Startup
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
rgearing
I installed Redhat 8.0 on my machine recently and everything worked fine until it tryed to login to x windows graphical mode. It says i have an incorrect driver for my graphics card and by default it selects the vesa (generic) driver. I have an Nvidia Geforce4 mx-440-8x graphics card and im a linux n00b. Every time i try to login it says it has a problem with my video card driver and asks me to select the correct one. I tried selecting the nvidia Geforce4 (generic) driver but it goes back to the same screen after trying to load it saying once again, it has a problem with my video card driver and asks me to select the correct one. I have also tried setting it to vesa (generic) and the same problem still repeats. someone please help...
hughesjr
Get the latest nvidia drivers here. Follow the instructions for install here.
fobius
hi,

after i installed my nvidia drivers, there's two vertical sections of my screen that causes anything in that section to appear slightly blurry. anyone know why?

thanks
fobius
nm, it went away
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.