Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sound Problem
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
jesusdiscs
I've recently installed red hat 9 on my box and i am having trouble with every sound card i try and put in.

so far i've tried my on board sound card (some cmedia chipset), a creative labs audio pci 128 and a c-media CM8738.

Redhat detects all three properly but when i go to "detect sound card" it says that the sound driver is disabled.

I tried changing the settings in modules.conf (logged in as root) and save it. I reboot to reload the modules but when i've rebooted the modules.conf setting has changed back to disabled.

i know i've posted on here before but it's really buggin me. i want to use linux instead of windows(cuz windows is crappy) but i need the sound workin.

cheers again, jesusdiscs
hughesjr
What kernel are you using for RedHat 9 ... (have you upgraded the kernel (using up2date) or are you using the same kernel that came on the installation disks)? Do the command :

rpm -qa | grep kernel

and post the information.
-------------------------
What motherboard (make/model/revision) do you have? Some chipsets special drivers to work properly with Linux.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.