Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bay Networks 660 Drivers Needed
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
tosvold
I need drivers for my Bay Networks BayStack 660 wireless cards. Have multiple Access Points, and multiple wireless cards on Win XP.
Where can I find drivers for my wireless cards?
Thanks!
hughesjr
From another thread:
hughesjr,
Appreciate the help.

Next question for you, my Linux guru amigo;

I have a BayStack 660 wireless Access Point, and multiple wireless cards which I have running in my home WinXP network.
(I was at Bay Networks back in the olden days of the last century)

These drivers continue to amaze me. Nortel dumped the line in 2000, but the drivers still work under XP.
I've found what I believe are Linux drivers from linux-wlan.com, but I have no idea how to install them.
There are a bunch of folders that unzipped, and a bunch of files. One is 'makefile'.
Anyway, I'm stumped as to what to do with this bunch of files. I think my answer is in here but have no idea where to start w/ this haystack!

ftp://ftp.linux-wlan.org/pub/linux-wlan/

Any help? Any ideas where I can find a Bay Networks w=nic driver that's better?

Are the NIC's wireless PCMCIA cards or wireless ISA cards? The driver doesn't seem to support PCI cards (according to the readme for the driver files downloaded {linux-wlan-0.3.4.tar.gz} )

If the card is PCMCIA try installing the package kernel-pcmcia-cs from your redhat cd's (if not already installed)

To check if it is installed already with the command:

rpm -qa | grep pcmcia

I looked in the RedHat 9 kernel that I have installed and there is built in module support for PRISM II wireless cards ... so it might work without the drivers once kernel-pcmcia-cs is installed.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In order to compile the file downloaded from your link, you need to have the following packages installed:

kernel-source

You will also need to download the latest source files for pcmcia-cs from http://pcmcia-cs.sourceforge.net if your wireless card is PCMCIA. (kust for compiling the driver for your network card ...install the rpm for

The README file in the linux-wlan-0.3.4 has instructions for modifying the config.mk to point to your kernel source and the pcmcia-cs source (config.mk also asks where you will put the modules, the /lib/modules directory).

The README file has more specific instructions...there is also an html file concerning specifically the BayStack 660 (called README.baystack660.html in the linux-wlan-0.3.4 directory) that discusses things what works and doesn't work with the BayStack 660.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.