Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Linux Fileserver With Mac Nfs Client
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
syacko
Hi,
I have read the support page for Mac OS 10 on NFS. The issue is that I get an error message when trying to connect. One is -5000 which mean that export does not exist. I solved that issue. Now, I get a -36. Anyone out there who has done this with linux and mac's have any thoughts as to the issue.

Thanks,
Scott
chrisw
have you tried netatalk....i think there is a guide about it on this site that i have written....its a little out of date as far as the rpm...everything else should work like written...give that a try
and you dont have to use nfs...
syacko
Thanks - I will look at the guide and give it a try.
syacko
Ok, Everything works with one exception. When the file size hits 2G the copy is killed and the file is removed. I have video files up to 10 G on the Mac. The file server mount is ext3. Is there something that I missed?

Thanks,
Scott
hughesjr
try using nfsvers=3 on both the server and the client mounting ... NFS version 2 doesn't support files > 2gb in size ... NFS version 3 does (version 2 is the default for linux).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.