Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Incorrect Sound Dr And No Wireless Pci
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
born_confused
the story is...
I just installed redhat 9 for the very first time. Upon installation, it asked to check sound, now the sound driver was the incorrect one given. It was given as Sis7012 PCI Audio accelerator with module as i810_audio when my sound card is actually ADI AD 1980 6CH. I clicked on the test thing, only to hear nothing! huh.gif

Basically, what im asking for, is a driver for this sound card, and how to install it.

Secondly, the redhat doesnt find my wirless card at all, it is a q-tec 774WP PCI wireless network card. I have to keep switching o/s's in order to access the net. Is there a driver for this? and again, how would i install it.

Any help is appreciated, thank you.
hughesjr
That audio is normally built-in on a motherboard ... is that the case with your set up? If so, what is the actual board that you are using? If it is a standalone card, what is the make and model of the card.

Q-TEC doesn't support linux for that wireless card (the system requirements for the card are Windows 98/ME/2000/XP). I can't find any info at google concerning the 774WP on RedHat (even on any Linux Distro).
born_confused
hi, it is an onboard sound card, yes, the board name and model is asus P4S533-X.
I looked through google myself and was unable to find any links, thanks anyway, Ill continue to look, thanks again for the reply.

EDIT: just to add, QTEC has told me that its chipset is Realtek RTK8180L if thats any help
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.