Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Outbound Email Problem Or I'm A Blonde
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
bitessy
I am having a problem with the email server; it won't send mail outside of the LAN. Here are all the details. I have a firewall/router between the LAN and the public Internet. I have a Mandrake 9.0 server behind the firewall serving a web page, and now I want it to serve email as well. I have a domain registered, and a MX record all pointing to the public IP address of my firewall, with port-forwarding from there to the server. I tested the port-forwarding by telneting to ports 25 and 110 through the firewall, and was successful. I know about the security problems with telnet, so after testing, I turned off telnet. I Configured Postfix as my MTA, and I can use MS Outlook to send and receive from within the LAN, and I can even receive from the outside world; I tested using my yahoo email account, and I get it every time. My issue is that Mail won't go outside my LAN to be delivered else ware. I suspect that I missed something, but I don't know what it is. Any help that you GURUs can give me to point me in the right direction will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tessy
bitessy at yahoo dot com
Joey
What happens when you try and send mail?
bitessy
4 hours later I getthe following mail from mailer-daemon.mail.mydomain.com:

This is the Postfix program at host mail.XXXX.com.

####################################################################
# THIS IS A WARNING ONLY. YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE. #
####################################################################

Your message could not be delivered for 4.0 hours.
It will be retried until it is 5.0 days old.

For further assistance, please send mail to <postmaster>

The Postfix program

<USERNAME@YYYYYYZZZZZ.com>: transport is unavailable

I have one of these for each mail I have sent.
hughesjr
Here is where to start. Once you have the error in the log identified then a fix can be found...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.