Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help With Limewire
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
pawtugee
I do not understand this. I just downloaded linux to replace my windows 98 cause i got bored with windows so i download limewire so its on my desktop and on the limewire site it says to install do this....

Linux - Open a shell and cd (change directory) to the directory where you downloaded the installer. At the prompt type: sh ./LimeWireLinux.bin

I dont understand this can someone help me thanks!
Corey
From the directory in which you downloaded the file, just run "sh LimeWireLinux.bin" . Sh is the program that will execute the binary file. If this doesn't work, you can make the file executable with the command "chmod +x LimeWireLinux.bin" and then run it with "./LimeWireLinux.bin" this will install LimeWire (as far as i remember) into your homedirectory in which you can run it from.
pawtugee
I still dont understand can you tell me where to type that?
hughesjr
you need to open a terminal window.

In the terminal window, you first change directories to the location you downloaded the file to ... then you type:

sh LimeWireLinux.bin

(and follow the other instructions in duende's post if necessary).

To get to a terminal window depends on which GUI you use (usually gnome or kde) ... but either way it is normally on the menu under applications and then system tools.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.