Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Knoppix (my Cd Constaly Reads The Drive)
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
WaterFish22
I have Knoppix a Linux program.

My computer reads the cd drive constaly:

My probblem is when i have a cd in the my cd drive. My computer constaly is readding to the drive even when i'm not using it. It reads the drive about evey 5 seconds.

I can view the data. I can also eject the cd from the drive and then it doesn't read the drive evey five seconds. My cd is at /mnt/cdrom1.

Why dose the comptuer read the cd evey 5 seconds when i don't have any system files on the cd?

waterfish2222222222@yahoo.com
Corey
Do you mean when you're actually booted into knoppix it reads constantly from the cd? This is suppose to happen, Knoppix runs from the cdrom, so if you're booted into it, your cdrom is going to get a lot of work, that's just the nature of the beast. Even if you're not doing anything, running services in the background could be doing any number of things including reading configuration files that are on the cd. If this bothers you, then you can install knoppix on your harddrive and give your cdrom a break.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.