Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Needing Enlightenment Help
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
robbmcmahan
Ok, I"m a newbie but starting to learn a lot (thanks to a lot of help from this board). I have Mandrake 9.1 and like Enlightenment but I wan't to also have the flexiblity of adding desktop icons. I understand that you can run Gnome and Enlightenment together but I can't figure out how to do this in Mandrake 9.1. While logged into Enlightenment i opened a terminal and typed "GMC" and it says there is no command by that name. If I log into Gnome and type the command for Enlightenment it says that another windows manager is already running.

How do you do this? Can someone tell me step by step how to get these to run together?

Thanks
robbmcmahan
After scouring the internet I think I have found that I need to start the Gnome panel to do what I'm wanting to do in Enlightenment. What is the command to start the Gnome panel from a terminal?
robbmcmahan
oh yeah...once I figure out how to start the panel how do I get it to automatically start each time that Enlightment starts?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.