Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: X Difficulties
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
Eugene
I have two video cards, on onboard that I have disabled in the BIOS (Intel 810) and one PCI card I use (ATI Radeon 7200). During the Linux install it detects the Intel card automatically but I selected the correct ATI card. Then when I test the graphics settings (16 bit 1024x768) it works. But when I start up Linux, X is not working correctly. The first time Linux loads the top half of the screen is messed up but I can see the bottom half of the desktop. I cant click anything however. Then when i restart the computer the whole screen looks like this. Any help would be apprechiated. Thanks.

If that link doesnt work copy the next line and put it in the address box in your browser.

http://www15.brinkster.com/numb/xfuckedup.jpg
knine
did you use xfree86 with 3d hardware acceleration or the other one i have a ati rage 128 pro snd it looks the same way but after about three seconds it stsrts normaly
Corey
I think the fact that the installation picks up your intel chipset when it's disabled in the bios is your first problem. Is your radeon card plugged in properly into the AGP slot? Does it fit fine? Have you tried any other OS on that system and known for sure that the radeon was working fine with no difficulties?

It sounds to me like the radeon is not plugged in right, and even though the intel chipset is disabled in the bios, it's re-enabled because it can't find anythign else.

That's my (un)expert opinion.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.