Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Error Installing A Theme In Kde
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
jason122
Hi, I am having a problem installing a theme in KDE. I have extracted the tar files into a directory for the theme. However, when I run ./configure I get the following error:

checking for X... configure: error: Can't find X includes. Please check your installation and add the correct paths!

Any idea what is going on? I'm not sure what this means, are there more dependencies missing (I thought I had all of them taken care of).The theme was downloaded from kde-look.org if it helps. I appreciate the help!

~Jason
hughesjr
You need to have the XFree devel files for your distro ... what is your Linux Distro? Also, what is the name of the theme ... it might be available as a package.
jason122
I am running RH9, KDE, trying to install a couple of themes, alloy-0.4.1a and dotNET1.4.1.

I got the xlib package installed....taken care of that error, but now see a similar error:

checking for libz... configure: error: not found.

These themes have been a bear to install....it all started with gcc dependencies i didn't have and has just gone on from there.

~Jason
hughesjr
That is the package zlib .... latest installs for RH9 are:

zlib-devel-1.1.4-8
zlib-1.1.4-8
jason122
Ok...got past that one...thanks! Now I get:

checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.1 (20021021)) (headers and libraries) not found. Please check your installation!

I have QT installed (if i apt-get install qt it says i have the latest version).

Thanks a ton for your help......this is crazy the amount of problems just installing a theme creates.

~Jason

edit: fixed the jpeg error
hughesjr
apt-get install qt-devel
hughesjr
The good news is ... you will have all the things you need to compile and install programs in KDE from now on when your done biggrin.gif
jason122
Ok...I got qt-devel, but am still getting the same error. Any other ideas?
hughesjr
qt-Xt

and maybe

qt-designer
jason122
Man...it won't stop!
Now I'm getting:

checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.1 (20021021)) (library qt-mt) not found. Please check your installation!
Make sure that you have compiled Qt with thread support!

BTW...Thanks for all your help!
hughesjr
Look in the directory:

/usr/lib/qt-3.1/lib/

and see if you have the file(s)
libqt-mt.so.3.1.1
libqt-mt.so.3
libqt-mt.so.3.1

If you have them and in that directory ... edit the following file:

/etc/ld.so.conf

add this line at the bottom of the file:
/usr/lib/qt-3.1/lib

save the file and run the command:

ldconfig

and press return ... then to be safe, issue the ldconfig command again and press enter ... then try the compile again...
jason122
I get a command not found when I try to run ldconfig. Even if I try to run it from the /sbin directory.
hughesjr
try /sbin/ldconfig

you might have to run it in a window as root...

do ls -al /sbin/ldconfig ... is it:

-rwxr-xr-x
jason122
/sbin/ldconfig worked (ran it twice too), but I'm still getting the same qt-mt error when running configure on the theme. Resiliant little bugger of a program! Any more ideas?
hughesjr
try this (as the user compiling the program:

export QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt-3.1
export PATH=$QTDIR/bin:$PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$QTDIR/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Then try it again
jason122
Did the above all while su root, same error as before.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.