Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dhcp, Subnets And Proxy Trouble
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
HotSix
Hi all,

I'm using RedHat 8.x as DHCP server for our LAN. The DHCP is configured to provide IPs for 10 subnets (192.168.10.xxx-192.168.20.xxx). All subnets should have access to the internet.
The internet connection is shared via a ISA-Server (proxy and firewall).
The problem is, the RedHat DHCP (and DNS) server crashed some days ago (HD died).

I was able to reconfigure RedHat as DHCP for all subnets but now I need to enter the ISA-Server IP as proxy for all clients. Before the crash there was no need to enter a proxy IP to give clients access to the internet.

My question is: Is there a way to setup the RedHat DHCP server (with additional DNS-Server entries) to grand access to the internet for all clients again? Or do I need to setup a DNS-Server (maybe with DNS caching & forwarding)? And where I find a example config for that kind of network???

Thanks...
hughesjr
Do you mean that you are having to enter the IP of the ISA-Server as the Defaut Gateway of the clients ... or as the HTTP Proxy server for the clients?

Is your ISA server also the default gateway for your networks?

Are the clients that need proxy (or default gateway) info Windows or Linux clients....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.