Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Limewire Compile Error
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
jmhiggins
Hello,

I am running Mandrake 9.0 and am having problems getting Limewire to compile. This is the error message I receive. Any help would be greatly appreciated! smile.gif

BUILD FAILED
file:/home/pepper/Documents/limewire/core/build.xml:58: Unable to find a javac compiler;
com.sun.tools.javac.Main is not on the classpath.
Perhaps JAVA_HOME does not point to the JDK

I've checked the java.sh file and it points the the path as far as I can tell...anyways I hope somebody can help!
knine
i've had the same problem and the only time i've had it compile corectly is when i was using the desktop/lx distro sorry i could'nt help
Corey
Do you have java installed? Is the java compiler located on your system? I've tried to install this on my system before, but i'm not a big fan of java, so I installed giFT instead , it is way better, and much faster connections. The basic idea is that you install the giFT daemon on a box, and use a frontend (such as giFTcurs) to download the files. Another great thing about it, is that I have it running on my client PC at home behind a firewall, and I have a webpage frontend on my gateway, so I can accsess it from anywhere on the internet and download files to my client pc.
chrontek
I have had more problems installing limewire.
I am a newbie to linux, but I try.
I found out that you can get an rpm for limewire.
I downloaded and installed this, which took many other rpms to install, but it did install.
Now, I am getting ANOTHER error.
It is about java.
I HAVE installed java, but it is still driving me crazy.
I am getting an error that says...

error: can't find javalib.so

I am running a P4 1.5 with 768 MB ddr on a Microstar 845 ultra board.
I am running Redhat 8.0 Physhe.

I got all the rpms from www.freshrpms.net

I have checked the forums at redhat, and limewire. NO help.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME !!!!!

microtechcomputerss@yahoo.com
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.