Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Installing Scanner Drivers
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
nameLock
I'm rather new to linux, this is my first time trying to install a driver.

I'm running Debian that i downloaded a few days ago and I am trying to install a Plustek scanner. I've been following an install guide on the SANE sight and i'm up to compiling the scanner driver. When I run "make all" however, I get alot of warnings telling me things are already defined, and lists of include files from both /usr/src/linux/include/linux and /usr/include/asm

here are some examples:
The first warning I see ( first I see gcc -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes.... -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux/include -I./h -I/.. -02 -DMODULE -DMODVERSIONS -include /usr/src/linux/include/linux/modsetver.h -c src/dac.c -o obj/dac.o )
CODE
In file included from /usr/src/linux/include/linux/resource.h:58
/usr/src/linux/include/sched.h:71,
/usr/src/linux/include/mm.h:4,
/usr/src/linux/include/poll.h:10,
h/plustek_sysdep.h:94,
h/plustek_scan.h:61,
src/dac.c:49:
/usr/include/asm/resource.h:26: warning: 'RLIM_INFINITY' redefined
/usr/src/linux/include/linux/resource.h:40 warning: this is the location of the previous definition

This then continues with different files and things that are redefined. Later on the output starts looking more like:

CODE
/usr/include/asm/string.h:48 warning static declaration for 'strncpy' follows non-static

this continues with 'strcat', 'strncat', 'strncmp' and others.
in the end it says "make: *** [obj/dac.o] Error 1

Any ideas about how I can get this to compile right?
jetblackz
Please refer to the system requirements of the software. Does your box meet or exceed them?

Exit 1 = big error. All program will break. "'RLIM_INFINITY' redefined" means a constant's value is changed. That violates the rule. strncpy and the rest manipulate strings. I think the code isn't trying to do something it's supposed to. I could fool this code into compiling fine.

Did you get beta or alpha code? Could you find the stable version?

Try looking up sane and your scanner model in newsgroups.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.