Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Refresh Rates
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
brianjohnson
All I want to do is set my monitor to run at 1024x768 @ 100Hz.

I used to have an LCD so this never bothered me before, but now I can't look at the screen for longer then 10Min's without serious eye strain =(

I have tried using all the configuration tools and also adding mu own modeline. But still it is stuck at 60Hz !

Thanks in advance for any help.
Corey
Are you sure that your monitor can support that refresh rate? Double-check your monitor manual to ensure that thoe Horizontal Sync range and Vertical Refresh range are set correctly in your XF86Config-4 file. If they are all correct, then your monitor must not have the ability to run 1024x768@100
hughesjr
What is your monitor model and size ... and what is your video card model and memory? With that info we can add some options to your /etc/X11/XF86Config (or XF86Config-4) file.....

Also, in your XF86Config (or XF86Config-4 file) what is the listed HorizSync and VertRefresh for your Monitor ... what is the driver for your video card section... and what is the DefaultDepth, Depth, and Modes for your Screen section?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.