Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Loading Americasarmy Game ?
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
danny1975uk
hi people , I'm am new to linux so please excuse me if this is a dumb arse question , I am using red hat linux ,running on p4 2.0ghz.. I baught a linux user mag and had the americasarmy linux game on it . this is how they tell me to load it " sh/mnt/cdrom/games/americasarmy/armyops-lnx-170.sh.bin " but this just returnes the message file /dir not found as far as i can tell my cdrom is of that mount point please tell me what i'm doing wrong ????? thanks for any help in advance

danny
hughesjr
You need a space after the sh ... sh is the shell that you are running, and /mnt/cdrom/games/americasarmy/armyops-lnx-170.sh.bin is the path to the game install file.

so the command would be:

sh /mnt/cdrom/games/americasarmy/armyops-lnx-170.sh.bin

If the above command doesn't work ... the CDROM may not be mounted.... with most new linux distros there is an automount function. After you put the cd in the CDROM, do this command to see if it is mounted:

ls /mnt/cdrom/

If you get a list of files the cd is mounted ... if not type this command (with the cd in the CDROM):

mount /mnt/cdrom

Try the command again:
sh /mnt/cdrom/games/americasarmy/armyops-lnx-170.sh.bin

if there are no errors,
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.