Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Changing Monitor Refresh Rates And Resolution
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
www.jabberjaws.net/forum
Hi,
It is me the Linux newbie again. I need help with changing the monitor refresh rates and screen resolution for mandrake. I am using it in KDE and I cannot find the window/panel that allows me to change these settings. Can anybody help me please?
simwiz
I am using Mandrake (9.1) as well, and this is how I can do it. First, you will need to go into the mandrake conrtol center. You can click the icon in the toolbar at the bottom or it is in "Main Menu --> Configuration --> Mandrake Control Center." After you have loaded the control center click on the "Hardware" tab on the left. After that click on "XFdrake helps you setup the graphical server". Now you can change your monitor resolution and refresh rate and you can change the screen resolution and color depth. I would suggest having the monitor and screen resolution at the same size, but you can change the refresh rate and color depth as you like. (ie, have both set at 800X600 or both at 1024X768). I do not know what would happen if you had one set to 800X600 and the other to 1024X768??

Anyways, hope this helped,
Simwiz

p.s. anybody know why I can't select 32 bit color on my system??
www.jabberjaws.net/forum
Thanks, my screen res looks alright now. Cheers smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.