Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ongoing Gcc Battle
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
DooMfreak
Hi, I'm a bit of a Linux newbie. I recently decided to go back to Linux and I am currently running Redhat 9.0 on a AMD Athlon system. Things are running smoothly thus far with the excepction of gcc which, unfortunately, I need to install a few programs I would like to use.

Basically it refuses to install, I am beginning to believe it is related to a dependency issue with binutils.

I have posted in the elitelinux forums here http://www.elitelinux.com/viewtopic.php?t=559 , if anyone here wants to take a go at my dilema that would be excellent, and any help provided would be greatly appreciated.
michaelk
Have you tried to install the development package from rpm. It should install the compiler and all of the libs and headers you need to compile programs.

The other posts seem to have covered everything else.
DooMfreak
Thanks for the response. smile.gif

I tried that but it says I can't install because I am missing krb5-libs and openssl. But I cannot install those since it doesn't find gcc. This is a vicous circle.
Joey
Install the RPM versions found on the redhat cds /FTP site.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.