Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rh9 Installation Problems
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
warheros
well my system was running fine, and then i tried to open KDE and see how different it was from gnome. and soon after that i began to experience freezing and random shut downs. soon i was unable to even reboot my machine, it simply would not go into the x windows system. it would say, "your system appears to have shut down uncleanly, system check commencing" or something. so it would do that, find errors, i would say yes to everything to fix it, and it would say, "no restarting" and do the same thing all over again. so i decided to reinstall.

unfortuneatly, i cant even reinstall it now, ive downloaded three different rh9 cd sets, all apparently saying the cd's were "failed" but i tried them anyways, thinking that my machine was bad from the kde thing and so it told me everything was in bad, which it wasnt.

so does anyone know what i can do? the only thing ive come up with is actually finding or buying the real rh9 install cd's and doing that.

any help will be greatly appreciated! thanks in advance

~warheros

p.s. - install either freezes, turns the screen black, or says bad blocks cannot install on this machine.

my machine:
1.5 GHz
P4 Intel genuine
dell 4300
dual boot with winxp which crashed
512 MB RAM
bios v. A02
128 MB video card, 32 MB real
Joey
Sounds like theres bad blocks or corrupted data on your drive. I would boot your exisitng linux system and let FSCK run and then reboot and if it needs to run again, let it. The linux filesystem is very good at fixing itself. How did you install it the first time? I would just use that same media if you have to reinstall.
warheros
cannot run fsck from anywhere/anything. so how else can i get rid of my bad sectors.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.