Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Linux webserver/database
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
sauerma
We recently purchased a Linus server, however, no programmer in our dept knows anything about it. We want to use it as our web server---for the past 8 months we have been programming our web pages in ASP--using Access as our database---Now the President of the company thinks we need to get away from ASP. Does anyone have any suggestions on what we can do as far as converting ASP to ??? Or what is the programming language most people use with Linux for submission of forms, and using a database?
Joey
I'm not sure why you posted this in our site development forum however I've moved it here to the support forum.

Most people use apache as the web server and then either perl or php for forms etc. You can then use mySQL or postgresql for the database end of things.
Corey
If you're company is looking for someone to run this new Linux server, I am looking for a job smile.gif

Depending on the type of website that you are developing, there are several ways to go about it (Linux=choice). For example, which database server to use has it's own advantages and disadvantages. To review some of these differences, check out this article.

Joey, I think he posted it in the site development forum because he's developing a site smile.gif Maybe we need to rename that into "Linuxhelp.ca Site Development".
Joey
the forum name is fine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.