Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Optical Mouse In X
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
mmm
Hello, I have got one problem with my Genius optical mouse in the X. It doesn't move corectly,just up or down(and these directions aren't also down because it moves right when I move with mouse xright and up,when I move left,it doesn't move right or left(on hte screen)). So what should I do? The USB should be working, I can see mouse connected in usbview. It is on the device /dev/input/mice. My distribution is DEBIAN.
frodo44
You might try using the mouse through a ps/2 port on your computer. That should be a lot easier than to fool with a usb device to get something as simple as your mouse working correctly. Chances are that the mouse came with a usb-ps/2 adapter.

Regards,
Eric
Joey
I have a microsoft optical mouse and it works fine with rh 8/9. It was detected properly during the install and has worked fine ever since.

I'm not sure what mouse configuration tools come with debian, you can try mouseconfig (or maybe its mousecfg) or maybe try searching google.com for 'optical mouse debian' etc.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.