Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Won't Boot From Cd (scsi)
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
thegtrsr1
Hi All,

I'm diving into the world of unix/Linux. I'm having trouble installing the OS (redhat). My first problem was getting it to boot from a SCSI CD-ROM. I finally got that to work, don't know what I did (if anything) and had other problems, so I finally went to bed. So, today I'm having the same problem of it not booting up. I get the message that the controller card has found that the CD is bootable, and I've changed the bios on the card to boot from that ID, but nothing. I'm using an Adaptec SCSI controller card (AHA-2940). The CD-ROM is RICOH MP6200.

Thank you for you help,

Danny
frodo44
If you can't get your BIOS to boot off of a scsi drive, there are probably boot floppies available on the RH disk. I'm not positive of that, but if it's not on the disk there might be one on the RH website. If there isn't a boot floppy available, I suppose you might be able to 'hack' your way around it. Post back if you need any more help.

Regards,

Eric
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.