Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dns Setup On Debian
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
Spunc
Hi all,
I 've been trying for weeks now to setup my new linux box to host a small site as well as mail for that site. I installed the system via the net so the installer configured my network using DHCP. So far so good. However I wasn't given the option to enter a domain name forthe maching (If I were giving that opitunity I wouls of enterd my "Registered" mydomain.com.....I found Joey has a nice manual on congiuring bind so I followed it although only used the "yourdomain.com.zone and the 1.1.10.addr-apa.zone file as well as editing the default installed version of named.conf adding the two new zones how ever it still isn't working I suspect that it's because the system dosn't know what it's domain name shout be .I'm not sure.hence the reason for this post .I'm pretty new to this Linux thing although I running low on coffee and suffering from may sleeples nights . Can anyone help ? sad.gif sad.gif
Joey
does debian have the hostname command? If so run:

hostname yourhostnamehere

tourettes is a debian guy, perhaps he can give you a hand with this.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.