Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Internet Connection Sharing
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
ieu2002
Hey.

I was wondering if any of you could help me. The problem that i have is that i have my own home network with 3 windows xp systems, one computer has the internet connection. Now on one of the other systems on the network i have decided to put redhat linux 9 on to it but i cant get it to recognise the internet connection which is on the other windows system. I can get it to see the shared folders which are on my windows pcs but not the connection.

Thanks, Ian ph34r.gif
Corey
It's tough to answer this question without knowing exactly how your network is set up. Is your "internet computer" distributing the internet to an internal network? Do all the computers "inside" the network have local ip addresses? If so, make sure that your Redhat computer is configured with the right IP address and Netmask. As well, the default gateway should be the IP address of the computer with the internet connection to it, and your dns servers need to be setup (/etc/resolv.conf) to the dns servers that your ISP provides you (or to your gateway computer if it is running a name server).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.