Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cant Install Any Rpm's...
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
warheros
ive been messing around with rh9 for a few months now, and ive always had this problem with rpm's. they never want to install or install right. i think out of the many ive tried, only one rpm has actually installed correctly.

the thing that i have to do when i want to install something now is to compile it from its tarball.

me and an associate, have concluded that i should reinstall rh9, is this the only thing that can fix this?

the problem may have occured when i had to install rh9 from only the first two discs, as the third always failed its "being able to work" test when you first install linux. i had to install about seven times, guessing and checking what packages i could install without using the third disc.

any suggestions?

could i possibly install what i could be missing (that makes rpm's not install/work) from a disc 3 that actually works? who knows?!
Corey
what errors do you receive when you go to install the rpms? Have you attempted to install an rpm from the command line with "rpm -Uvh filename.rpm" ?
warheros
i get no error, on either methods (double-clicking or rpm -ivh /path/file.rpm)

thread on a problem like mind.

my problem posted at linuxquestions.org
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.