Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wifi help please
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
Meowtopia
hello yes i need help. i have a windows latitude d610 that is a piece of sh*t that had windows xp before i switched to ubuntu 16.something, and its much much better. One thing i couldnt figure out was that whenever i tried to connect to a wifi network, it would always want the encryption key. as i typed the key/password/whatever in and pressed """enter"""", nothing woud happen. so i say wtf is going on as when it had windows xp wifi worked fine. also the ethernet works perfectly too. Pleask e tell me whats happening an explain as if talking to a 7 year old my tech knowledge is nil. please help thank you.
michaelk
You can verify via the lspci command that your 610 has an Intel 2200 wireless adapter. It uses the ipw2200 which I would think is still included. The output of the ip a command should show all interfaces and if the device is recognized you should see both the wired and wireless adapters.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.