Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mandrake 9.1 & Audio Cd's
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
Thilo
After installing Mandrake 9.1, I merrily opened XMMS and loaded up the tracks on an audio CD. No problem.
After rebooting, Mandrake could no longer read the tracks of the audio CD. Not from XMMS or via file explorers.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Regards,
Thilo
LinuxHatesMe
Did you try ejecting the cd and putting it back in? Perhaps mandrake isn't set to auto mount on startup but will mount when a cd is loaded into the tray.
Jay-Jay
Hiya.

It "sounds" like (i'm no expert) but it like your CD drive isn't mounted . . .

It's interesting . . . but was the CD in the drive on boot up? There mite be something with your distro that mounts the drive when you insert a CD in fresh . . . therefore a kinda bug when you leave a CD and switch off.

Failing that try "mount /dev/mnt/CD" or something like that. . . .

Failing that you could load up /etc/fstab and see if you can see what it's supposed to be. You might have to be root (su in rh) to do this.

You might have a mount CD icon on your desktop, in which case, hit that.

Jay-Jay
Jay-Jay
Opps, couple of mistakes on my last post (just in case you've read it, i'll repost instead of edit)

"mount /dev/cd0"

I'm not 100% sure though.

I reckon it'll be either of the first suggestion (boot up) and the last (icon on your desktop).

If it was working before and you havn't changed anything then theres no reason for it to stop working soft/hardware wise.

Jay-Jay
michaelk
You can't mount audio CD's. Can you play the CD with Kcd?

Not familar with the latest version of xmms but if you select play file then select your CDROM device and then play.

BTW There is a filesystem called cdfs that will let you mount audio CD's. You need to add support to your kernel.
Jay-Jay
Hay Thilo,

Can you let us know if we've helped you at all on this, i'm starting to write a PAQ's page, so if you've got the solution it would be great if you could let me know.

Jay-Jay
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.