Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can Not Locate Module Cc Or Gcc
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
SuSe5150
Trying to install PHEX,KMUD and others..When I ./configure I get "no acceptable cc found in $PATH as well as "MISSING" :aclocal,autoconf,automake,autoheader,makeinfo...any suggestions?Thanks in advance...!
Joey
It sounds like you don't have gcc and some other development packges installed. What distribution are you running?
SuSe5150
SusE 8.0
Joey
If you have your cdrom handy, just mount it and find the RPMS directory and install the gcc packages. If youre missing automake etc, install that stuff too.
SuSe5150
Ok...I downloaded the correct GCC tarball and gubzipped it and -xvf.tar'ed it..Whan I tried to ./configure it it still gave me an "cc" error...??? I am at a loss...Any more help you can give me? Thanks...
Joey
install the RPMS that came with suse.

You can find the gcc rpm here
SuSe5150
Wow there are alot...should I get them all? I don't see GCC or CC. Are they listed under another folder? Sorry for being a pain....Now sorry I see GCC but I have already installed that..
Joey
All the development stuff is in the d1, d2, d3 and d4 folders at ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/8.0/suse/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.