Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New to linux need help
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
dudein
Ok so I have been using windows my whole entire life and I had an old computer that had windows xp on it and I decided to put Puppy Linux on it but so far I am not really liking it. My mom likes to play facebook games and I cant get those games to work, so far my Linux experience has been a headache. If you guys can help me with the basics of Puppy it would be much appreciated.
michaelk
What version of Puppy are you running? Could be an issue of SeaMonkey vs Firefox.

What are the specifications of your computer i.e RAM, make/model etc? If you have at least 1GB you can probably run almost any distribution although using a lighter weight desktop then KDE or Gnome would be advisable.
dudein
QUOTE (michaelk @ Oct 30 2015, 05:05 PM) *
What version of Puppy are you running? Could be an issue of SeaMonkey vs Firefox.

What are the specifications of your computer i.e RAM, make/model etc? If you have at least 1GB you can probably run almost any distribution although using a lighter weight desktop then KDE or Gnome would be advisable.

Thank you for a reply, I am not sure what version I am currently running, I looked in the system info and it did not tell me oddly enough, this is what it says. Thank you in advance!

-Computer-
Processor : Intel® Celeron® D CPU 3.33GHz
Memory : 382MB (88MB used)
Operating System : Unknown distribution
User Name : root (root)
Date/Time : Fri 30 Oct 2015 06:31:38 PM EDT
-Display-
Resolution : 1600x900 pixels
OpenGL Renderer : Unknown
X11 Vendor : The X.Org Foundation
-Multimedia-
Audio Adapter : HDA-Intel - HDA ATI SB
-Input Devices-
AT Translated Set 2 keyboard
ImPS/2 Generic Wheel Mouse
Power Button
Power Button
PC Speaker
-Printers (CUPS)-
CUPS-PDF : <i>Default</i>
-SCSI Disks-
ATA ST3160212A
SAMSUNG CD-ROM SC-148
Apple iPod

michaelk
Post the output of the command
cat /etc/DISTRO_SPECS

www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=51344

I might suggest trying mx-14
antix.mepis.org/index.php?title=Main_Page
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.