Hey everyone,

I've been looking for a solution to this issue for over a month and I still can't find anything that works. Here are the details:

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5555 (http://www.dell.com/ca/p/inspiron-15-5555-laptop/pd) and switched out the Windows 8 for Windows 7 because I couldn't get Ubuntu/Windows 8 to dual boot properly. I was still having issues with Ubuntu and Windows 7 (although it worked fine on an older laptop) so I opted to try out Linux Mint. However, my touchpad buttons do not work whatsoever on the Linux partition, I cannot left or right click on anything, so I don't get right click menus and when I try to left click and drag, the cursor won't move. The touchpad buttons work perfectly fine on the Windows 7 partition and I can use an external mouse without a hitch.

I really hope someone has a solution to this problem as it's making my life ever so slightly more difficult. Please let me know if you require any more information on my computer, etc... I will try to answer your questions to the best of my ability.

Thanks!