Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MAJOR COMPUTER ISSUES
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
Pookachu
I just uninstalled Linux awhile ago. Didn't think much of it, just went back to playing Trove on Windows 10. But I just restarted my computer when updating my display driver, and now I can't get into the proper OS. When I turn my computer on, I'm on the Windows Boot Manager screen and the only option is Linux Mint. I don't know what to do, my computer just cannot get into Windows 10 again. Please help.
Pookachu
Quick update. I found out that Linux was still on my USB. I'm in Linux right now. Is there some kind of program that can boot me up into Windows?
suraj
Follow these steps:

Open up a terminal window.
Issue the command sudo apt-get upgrade.
Enter your user's password.
Look over the list of available updates (see Figure 2) and decide if you want to go through with the entire upgrade.
To accept all updates click the 'y' key (no quotes) and hit Enter.
michaelk
The OP uninstalled (not sure how) linux on their PC so not sure what upgrading is supposed to accomplish except for reinstalling.

I'm not familiar with Windows 10 so I do not know how its boot manager works yet. Typically when you install linux as a dual boot system it replaces the windows boatloader with grub. If you just delete linux then typically when you boot all you get is a grub rescue> prompt. In this case to repair you use your windows install disk or recovery disk to repair the bootloader.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.