Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help linux noob
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
Zerojesse
First build and I just finished installing the bios. it goes to mint but cant install because it says i have no Internet i have wifi but the ethernet isent going through
michaelk
Without knowing what type of WIFI adapter we can not provide much help. Which mint did are you trying to install?

If I understand the live DVD boots and runs but will not install due to no internet?
Zerojesse
QUOTE (michaelk @ Mar 23 2015, 09:36 AM) *
Without knowing what type of WIFI adapter we can not provide much help. Which mint did are you trying to install?

If I understand the live DVD boots and runs but will not install due to no internet?

Yes thats correct im installing mint 17.1 cinnamon(rebecca) and the wifi adapter is a cisco linksys e1200
michaelk
A quick search shows the cisco linksys e1200 is a router. Need to no the wireless adapter installed in the computer itself. If you can figure out how to start a terminal post the output of the command
lspci
Zerojesse
I ran the command and I dont think i have one. thats a separate card right? Well i did find the ethernet controller its a realtek rtl8111. i have wifi im using it on my phone (right now) but the rig is using ethernet and isent connecting it keeps trying but fails every time
michaelk
So actually your trying to get the wired ethernet adapter working and not wireless?
Zerojesse
Yes i dident want to make this one wifi enabled sorry for the confusion
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.