Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My 3d Accelerator Isn't In Linux Red Hat 8.0
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
firehawk
i am new in linux. is have downloaded the linux red hat 8.0, i installed him and during the installation you have to choose you 3d accelerator. but mine (sis 650) isn't in the list. is there a possibility to put some drivers extra, or to update or something else, because i can't work with the linux prompt, i would like to work with the GUI. during the installation he asked to have the graphical log-in i have chosen that but it won't work. i have an ugly screen, with ugly colors and i can't read the text. sad.gif
Jay-Jay
So, you can get the GUI to run, are you saying that it's a horrid screen size? Ressolution or what?

I'm a bit unclear. There are different GUI's out there but I'm not 100% sure as at present I havn't made the full transfer across to a linux machine or a dual boot (long story).

Jay-Jay
Jay-Jay
Also, there are newer versions of RH. So, if you want to stick with RH then you mite have more luck with drivers if you can DL the newer versions.

Please let me know how you get on because I'll be settin' up a paq's page her when I get back from my summer holiday.

Jay-Jay
firehawk
i cant get in the GUI at all
Jay-Jay
Can you get to a command line?

if not, what happens if you ctrl+alt+backspace?

Jay-Jay
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.