Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Windows Ntfs File Acess Problem
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
eani
I have a dual boot system, running Mandrake 9.1 and Windows XP Pro. Very nifty, but I have one BIG PROBLEM. I can mount my windows partitions (NTFS) without problems, but when i want to access a file, i always get the error: "The file or directory </mnt/winsystem/...> does not exist.". Everything is visible, i can access file properties and all, but opening or copying file seems impossible.
I have already done some websearches, and followed those instruction (trying to remount in rw...) but nothing seems to resolve this priblem.

Would be VERY GRATEFUL if anyone could help me with this.

eanĂ¯
michaelk
Can you access the NTFS partition when logged in as root?
warheros
sounds like you need to change your permissions.
mnguyen281
how do you access your windows ntfs partitions?
Jcav
I believe the ntfs partiton should already be mounted, you just need a shorcut to get into it ( if running GUI). Right click on desktop, choose new, hard disk. When the properties box pops up, click the device tab. Scroll through and you should see something like /mnt/windows. I had problems accessing it at first, just needed to change permissions. Just know that writing to NTFS is still experimental (I think?), but reading isn't a problem.
Joey
QUOTE (mnguyen281 @ Jun 26 2003, 02:15 AM)
how do you access your windows ntfs partitions?

http://linux-ntfs.sourceforge.net/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.