Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hidden Linux Files
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
jenny
Would anyone know if it is possible to hide linux files on a computer that runs windows? If so, how can I find these files? My ex-husband was a linux guru. My husband kept my computer hostage during our divorce proceedings. Now that I have it back it is giving me error messages about resources which I never encountered before. When I receive the message, I re-boot which seems to work, however, I should not get a resource error when I only have one application running.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Jenny
JohnnyTHM
I don't know if linux based files(programs) would be able to run in a win32 environment. I don't think they will. When you say you have only one application running, are you sure? You don't have anything running in the background? What version of windows are you using, and what are your system specs?(Processor, RAM, ect..)
chrisw
if he just hide regular linux files...then it is possible...you just hide them like you would standard windows files...
you can also run some linux stuff by using cygwin.dll....so its possible...not that you would get any good true use out of it..
but its possible.....then he could have just hidden the files like you would regular files....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.