I'm trying to install ubuntu 12.10 on my laptop (Toshiba A-665 ... 4gigs RAM, nividia gforce GTS350M,core-i7 1.7 GHz processor), but the liveCD boot freezes through the purple loading screen (with the logo on it)... EVERY TIME. I've checked the image, the liveCD and re-downloaded / rewritten the ISO about a thousand times now. Conclusion: the ISO is fine, the media is fine. The ubuntu live environment just WILL NOT BOOT, i even tried to install other Distros of linux (Ubuntu 12.10, Opensuse 12.2) and both of them gave me the same problem exactly.

To clarify:

I turn on my laptop push F12 to select CD\DVD as boot device ubuntu boot screen (with the little circle and the flash drive or whatever), a little cursor at top left (about 3-5 seconds here), the purple appears, starts filling uup those orange Dots, the icon stops filling At this point the the CD Drive stops spinning, as does the disk-usage light on my laptop. And i can't open the DVD Drive tray, with no response AT ALL. No "could not find this, that, or the other thing" errors. No response at all from the keyboard, I have to hold down the power button to reboot.

I get exactly the same results with using different video modes and kernel options.

please help !!