Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Syncmaster stuck in sleep mode
Linuxhelp > Support > Hardware Support
kaliguy42
I have a Samsung Syncmaster 913v,the power light flashes and the monitor is black screen.I have since been using another monitor on my desktop and left the syncmaster plugged in to the power and disconnected from a computer to see if it will wake up.It still flashes the green power light with black screen.

Os Linux Mint 13
michaelk
Typically without a signal a monitor will automatically go go sleep. Can you access the configuration menu? If not the monitor may be broken.

kaliguy42
No,its just a black screen.
michaelk
What happens when you turn it off and then back on. Do you see anything on the monitor?
kaliguy42
No,nothing,black screen,flashing power light.
michaelk
If you can not access the set up screens via menu switches nor see any indications when powered on then the monitor may be broken. Have you checked the manual for some troubleshooting help?
kaliguy42
I left the monitor on while not hooked up to a pc to see if it would come back on and give me a no signal error and it did.I've hooked it back up to my pc and rebooted and now its working.(I'm not going to shut it off)I'm thinking it might be a driver problem doing this?I've had this happen with a different pc and monitor running in a past linux version.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.