Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I desperately need help. Is Linux possible even?
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
Ari
I saw a lot of $60 netbooks on eBay, Amazon, etc. and I'm wondering-- will any at all work on any distro of Linux at all? I want to install DSL on mine, but if there's any other distro that has the potential of running on some processors that I could find on them? It won't let me post links, so this is the one that I want the most: A Sylvania netbook, I think one of the good ones I found was called the Sylvania SYNET7WID 7. I recommend Googling it.

All that I could find have Windows CE on them, which I have no desire at all to use, and I have an iBook clamshell that I use a lot, but where I live, I have no control over the wireless security, and mine's not compatible. I found almost all of the links on eBay by searching Netbook and limiting the price to under $60. By the way, I have a very, very low budget, and usually work with Macs, most of which have Linux.

Any help at all would be appreciated. Thanks!
michaelk
There was only one link that referenced another link that I can not access at this time that supposedly installed a version of linux. answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120401090352AACHM9Z

IMHO I would save my money and look for a real netbook. Unless you actually installed a version of linux on your MACs, OSX is based on BSD.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.