Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quotas
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
igkngiht
I have been trying to figure out how to get quotas working on my RH 8 server, after I edited the /etc/fstab and inserted usrquota,grpquota into both the /home and /web partitions and rebooted, I logged in as root to execute quotacheck, but everything in the /home and /web partitions were gone!

After I put /etc/fstab back the way it was and rebooted, the server was back to normal.

I tried all this on another install of RH 8 on VMware without this problem. Is that normal? If I would have ran the quotacheck would that have brought everything back?

With rebooting and not seeing anything under the /home and /web partitions being root, I am a little hesitant to do anything that would write to those drives.

Thanks.
blackphiber
this might sound stupid and you I know are smart but did you try remounting the partitions? ex. unmount /home then mount /home ? hope that sorta helps. if not luckily some other nice guy make a howto http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/mini/Quota.html good luck!

ps. I love Zim, JTHM and all that too!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.