Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question On Window Maker
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
echeng66
I like Window Maker, it is clean and it is light. I am running Mandrake 9.1 and observed the following behaviour: My computer beeps every now and then. This only occurs when I use Window Maker and not GNOME or KDE. However, I could not find a setting in Window Maker that will explain this. Any idea? Thanks.
Corey
Is the "beep" a system beep (throught he pc speaker) or a wav beep through your soundcard?
echeng66
It is a system beep. In fact after further investigation, I realized that it beeps every hour. I don't know how to turn it off. Thanks.
Jay-Jay
Just out of curiosity, don't suppose it beeps on the hour every hour does it?!?!

I'm not suggesting that it will make a difference as to finding the solution, but it mite help.

Jay-Jay
echeng66
Yes, as far as I can tell, it beeps every hour on the dot.
echeng66
I figured out what's wrong. It is the wmclock program. I can't diable the hourly beep so I kill the program on startup.
Jay-Jay
That's great you sorted it . . . . sorry we didn't know what the problem was. Thanks for letting us know how you sorted it.

Jay-Jay
Hemant
though it is different but u can turn off the beep sound using command:
$xset b 0
echeng66
Thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.