Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Installing Hardware Drivers On Rh9, a newbie in need
subnubilus
post May 27 2003, 07:21 PM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 896

I just installed RH9 last night, and I noticed that 3D Hardware Acceleration is not available, and I think it's because I don't have Linux specific drivers. I have a GeForce 4 MX 64MB card. Anyway, if anyone knows of a good and simple tutorial on installing the drivers, I'd really appreciate it. Keep in mind that I am as green as can be, so something written for idiots would be nice.

Thanks!

- subnubilus -
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
andrewjenkins
post Jun 5 2003, 05:09 AM
Post #2

Grub-er

Group: Members
Member No.: 930

The NVIDIA drivers for Linux are excellent, IMHO. Try going to www.nvidia.com, and going to "download drivers" and click on Linux/IA32. They have instructions there - you probably just have to download two RPMs, install them (su, then rpm --install rpm_filename), and log out of X (GNOME/KDE), log back in. Unlike windows, you will most likely not even need to restart.

If you want to see what kind of a speedup you get, run glxgears before you install and after. I went from about 200FPS unaccelerated to 3700FPS accelerated with a similar card (GeForce 2 GTS)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 02:21 AM