Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

> More Assistance required, I'm lost again.
irnewb
post Jun 17 2009, 06:55 PM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,441

So i spoke with michealk before for how to get a login/password.. I have successfully done so thanks to him.

So my problem start here... once i got the login and password everything was great when i booted up linux i was promted to enter my password before i could access the desktop.

I became busy with life and had no time to use the laptop since then. So i finally goto use it tonight because my pc was in use, i turn it on and it goes straight to the desktop.. but it's a blue background and none of my desktop stuff shows up.. it does not ask for my password at all.. and the only icons that show up at the bottom are the battery modes (power saver, high performance etc icon), the updates icon eventually loads and appears.. "SOS" the smiley icon.. never clicked it to know what it does.. and the red icon for resetting logging out etc.

So if i click on any of these icons.. NOTHING at all loads, my curser just stays with an hourglass the whole time as if something is trying to load..

I have no clue what is wrong with my laptop what so ever.. hoping someone else knows.. hope you can help =).

I believe we determined that my laptop runs of xandros which is based on debian(my last topic which michealk) if that helps anyone understand my problem..?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- irnewb   More Assistance required   Jun 17 2009, 06:55 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2017 - 06:21 PM